Tuesday, December 06, 2005

BlogPoll Roundtable #12

1. Why your school? Did you go to school there? Were you legacy, did you pick it for academics, for the football team, the party reputation?
No, I did not attend Penn State. Well I guess I should say that have not yet attended Penn State. If I did, I would be the youngest student there. Hopefully in two years I'll be in the student section screaming till my ears bleed. PSU will receive the first college application I ever fill out.

Anyway, Penn State has always been a connection back to Pennsylvania for me. I live in the most college football-deprived area in the country. Connecticut's football program didn't have a fan base until about five years ago. So even though I moved away from PA at a young age, Penn State was always my team. I've seen the good, I've seen the bad and there has never been a time when I questioned my allegiance. It's kind of strange to grow up where there are very few others fans who share the same allegiance. I get so used to no one caring about Penn State football that when I go back to PA, it's almost strange to see how many people there are with PSU decals on their car, hats, shirts, jerseys, whatever.

2. Name a player or two who had "THE GAME" against your school. I'm talking about a guy who simply dominated your team and all you could do was tip your cap and say, "Wow."
Tough call. Chester Taylor's performance in the most upsetting loss in recent memory. For those who don't remember, Toledo came to Happy Valley and smoked the Lions, 24-6 behind the running of Chester Taylor. It was the first time PSU lost to a MAC team under Joe Paterno. Matt Bernstein, the Wisconsin fullback, was the only back in the past two years to dominate Penn State's stellar defense.Ohio State's Terry Glenn's two TD performance in 1995 is also worth a mention.


3. There are games that I have no interest in but I watch simply to see a certain guy play. What players from this season do you do the same for?

Reggie Bush. Why else would anyone watch the UCLA debacle. Vince Young. Why else would anyone watch the Colorado debacle. Brady Quinn, DeAngelo Williams and Maurice Drew are some others.

4. A few weeks ago we were asked who the best player to suit up for our school was. I'm curious who your favorite player to ever suit up for your school is? Certainly doesn't have to be a superstar, or even a starter.
Paul Posluszny. He represents everything that is good about Penn State. He's a hard-nosed, humble, classy, respectful and a tremendous leader. Assuming he returns next season, he will be a two year captain, It also doesn't hurt that he has helped restore Penn State as "Linebacker U.". A.J. Hawk gets all of the publicity in the Big Ten at linebacker but Poz is every bit as good as Hawk. I really want to see him back in 2006, just to see him for one more season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home