Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Books on College Football

Yesterday I was at the local Barnes and Noble searching for some college football reading material to help get me through the long college football offseason, the longest months of the year (I'll address this more in a later post). Even here in Connecticut, where I'm sure most people couldn't tell you who Bear Bryant was, there seem to be a large number of books on Alabama football available. More than Notre Dame even. Actually, I own more books about Alabama football- Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer, A War in Dixie and Coach- thanI do about Penn State football.

Anyway, I chose Coach over 'Cane Mutiny. The Miami football program makes me sick so I figured it would be more enjoyable to learn about the Bear. The man is a legend in his own right but when Joe Paterno cites never beating Bryant as one of the few things that he wishes he could have done in his coaching career, you know you're pretty darn good.

I'm only a few pages through Coach, it seems like a pretty good book. Anyone read it and have any opinions on it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home